Gemmell: Someone will get a conference win. And because the game is in Boulder, I'm going with the Buffs. The Bears continue to suffer injury after injury and they've turned the ball over 25 times. The true freshmen quarterbacks for both teams makes for an interesting storyline, and both teams have explosive wide receivers. With a lot of things being equal, go with the home team. Colorado 28, California 27.
Miller: Both teams are bad on defense, but the Bears seem better equipped to punish the Buffs. Of course, picking against the home team is a kiss of death in the Pac-12. Not sure if my Cal curse still exists, but this might tell me. California 40, Colorado 38.
Athlon has the Buffaloes as 3-point favorites, which basically means no one knows nor cares about this Battle of the Basement. Three of their four experts are picking Colorado in a four-point win, but Mitch Light (best name ever?) has us winning by 7!
Check out some links below to get to know the newest Golden Bears joining all our wonderful athletic programs. Go Bears!
- Rally Comm is teasing something big for the 50th anniversary of the Victory Cannon
- Currently playing with the Philippines National Team, Alex Aronson is doing all he can to help those affected by Typhoon Haiyan
Women's Swimming and Diving
- Introducing the five newest Golden Bears!
- A Q&A with the new swimmers. Guess which cardinal rule was broken by one of these young women on their first campus tour?
- The Associated Press takes a look at the hardship Tierra Rogers has battled against in the pursuit of her degree
- Coach Gottlieb's second class of Bears features teammates at Saint Mary's College High School (college high school?)
- Cal signed two new players--a two-time World Championships competitor and a member of Jamaica's national team
- A profile of Kelsey Santisteban
- If Cal can beat one of the Oregon schools, Coach Rich Feller will earn his 300th Cal win. If we beat both schools, he will become the 29th coach in history with 600 wins.
- Start planning your Big Game Week with the Cal band BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO WIN BACK THE AXE. BOO STANFURD. GO BEARS. BEARS POOP AND PEE ON TREES.
- Senior Bill Tyndall will spend his last semester at Berkeley not at Berkeley as he's studying abroad (one word, not two!) in Russia
- A Q&A with LB Nick Forbes
- RB Khalfani Muhammad has been recognized as a high-school track All-American and no. 1 in the 200m dash in 2013
- We're ESPN's tenth worst team!
- Jon Wilner pines for The One (He Thinks) Got Away--Mike MacIntyre--and laments that Coach Sonny Dykes and AD Sandy Barbour just do everything wrong
- Dykes wants to reintroduce live bears at Cal games, but will be staying far, far away from Ralphie
- Get ready for a slapfight between two of the worst defenses in the nation
- I can't imagine how many teams had to performs worse than we did in our game against USC for us to rise on Deadspin's All-Team ranks