With 2013 wrapping up and this team looking like it'll finish with one or two wins, what are your expectations for 2014? What will constitute acceptable improvement from Sonny's Bears?
Nam Le: Bowl. Game.
Ruey Yen: Being competitive in almost all of the games until the 4th quarter. The Northwestern game, in retrospect, was the highlight of the season despite the negative result. We all came out of that game with hopes that proved to be false. If we allow Sonny Dykes to take some baby steps, that would be being competitive in every game next year (2014) and then being bowl eligible the following year (2015).
Vlad Belo: I am not expecting anything earth-shattering from the Bears next year. I would like to see improvement as a team, especially on the defensive side of the ball. We need to win some games -- not necessarily get to a bowl game because I know rebuilding is a tough thing, but I would like to see this team get four or five wins in 2014.
More from California Golden Blogs:
- Silver Linings Playbook: Can Cal find anything encouraging about the USC debacle?
- UCPD targets Cal students at football games with breathalyzer tests
- Cal vs USC postgame thoughts
- Cal vs. USC: Postgame Notes
- Hardy Nickerson out for the season with foot injury