Cal continues to be the underdogs this season, now against the Arizona Wildcats. Uncle Ted and Cousin Kev predict we are too young and too injured for an upset:
Gemmell: Nothing more we can say about Cal. They are young and injured. Nothing more we can say about Ka'Deem Carey. He is strong and studly. Strong and studly meets young and injured equals a win for the Wildcats. Arizona 38, California 17.
Miller: Arizona can't look ahead to the meatier part of the schedule. Based on the way they play at Colorado last weekend, I don't believe they will. Arizona 42, California 24.
- Looking at the Cal Athletics Hall of Fame 2013 with Candace Harper, Stacianna Stitts, Rick Brown, and Heather Petri:
- Bear Backers at the Cal Club Level or higher will be able to meet our Women's Basketball team before Saturday's showdown against Arizona
Women's Water Polo
Men's Swimming and Diving
- Let's meet Marcin Tarczynski!
- Hank Chung was honored with the California Community College Male Athlete of the Year Award
- The Bears are preparing for an exhibition game against Humboldt State
- Ryan Anderson suffered a chip fracture in his toe, which will keep him on the Pelicans bench for a few weeks
- A look at the team dynamic of the no. 1 Bears (10–1–2, 4–0–1 in Pac-12)
- Senior and captain Steven Birnbaum is "living the dream"
- Adrienne Gehan blogs about no. 22 (tied for fourth in conference) Cal's victories over the schools from Oregon, but is too modest to mention she became the 15th player in school history to register 1000 kills!
Men's and Women's Tennis
- Four Bears (three from the men's team and one from the women's) have qualified for the National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships
- Post-practice interviews with RB Darren Ervin and Sonny Dykes
- Notes from Wednesday's practice
- Arizona Coach Rich Rodriguez analyzes--and empathizes with--Sonny Dykes's rebuilding challenge
- The venerable norcalnick and Kodiak spoke with AZ Desert Swarm about this week's game
- Cal can't afford to focus too much on RB Ka'Deem Carey or they'll get burned by QB B.J. Denker
- Time to Know Your Enemy with Hunter Hewitt and an Arizona beat writer
- We continue to drop in Deadspin's all-team rankings: