With the quarterback competition back on, the depth chart released today resolved the issue with indecision.
Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) October 22, 2013
Clearly, if they can't decide who should start, then neither should!
Unfortunately, the defense has still been struggling with proper tackling technique. Well, that injury bug is definitely going to help with that, right?
Dykes said live-tackling drills in practice during the week are just not an option at this point in the season— Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) October 22, 2013
How about an update on the injured players, since we're on the topic.
Dykes said Kam Jackson's ankle is fine, Lasco is day-to-day but not likely. He doesn't expect any previously injured players back this week— Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) October 22, 2013
OL Jordan Rigsbee addressed the disappointing performances from the offensive line.
Rigsbee said losing Adcock and Cochran has been very tough for the OL to overcome. Called the offensive line a unit that needs continuity— Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) October 22, 2013
Rigsbee says the run game and offensive struggles are mostly on the offensive line. They take most of the blame for it— Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) October 22, 2013
I want to make so many comic-book jokes about needing continuity... While I sit here and laugh about them to myself, check out what all the Cal squads have been up to!
- Wednesday's Inside the Locker Room will feature Basketball's Ricky Kreklow and Rally Comm chairman Ross Crockett
Men's Water Polo
Men's Swimming and Diving
- Alumnus Tom Shields set a new personal record in the 100 SCM Butterfly with a time of 48.80, just shy the world record of 48.48
Women's Swimming and Diving
- The Golden Bears defeated UC Davis on Senior Day
- Midfielder Lara Kruggel is the NorPac Co-Offensive Player of the Week for scoring two goals against Davis
- Spend your weekend watching a young, but top-seeded, Cal squad compete at the Saint Mary's Sevens Invitational Tournament
- G Justin Cobbs is on the preseason watch list for the Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard of the Year Award
Hey Alex! I was wondering what you majored in at Cal, and if you had to choose a career outside of the soccer field, what would you have pursued?
I majored in political economy, which most colleges now don't even have as a major, but I chose that because if I didn't have soccer as a long-term career I'd want to be able to help promote the women's game throughout the world, especially in underdeveloped countries.
- Cal finishes the first two rounds of the Isleworth Collegiate Invitational in third place
- With a strong performance on the final day, Max Homa finishes his second pro event tied for 30th place
- Cal's run at the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships end with losses in the singles and doubles semifinals
- However, the men's team has reached the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships finals in singles and doubles, though there was some Bear-on-Bear violence to reach the singles finals. Roll on you Bears!
- Cal opened the season coming in eighth overall--and fourth among college squads--at the Head of the Charles Regatta
- Do you even remember what it's like to have a non-late night game?
— Bryan Fischer (@BryanDFischer) October 21, 2013
- Cal's biggest fan, Jon Wilner, graded the game against the Beavers. Get ready for flashbacks to your grades on Chem 1A midterms!
- It's time for another edition of Ted Miller's Power Rankings. Could we possibly be #1?!
- ESPN previews this week's set of Pac-12 games, including our visit with some old friends up north
- An early spread shows we're totally not considered underdogs
— GoldenBlogs (@GoldenBlogs) October 22, 2013