Heading into our meeting with the Bruins, UCLA is heavily favored. Our BFFs at the ESPN Pac-12 blog said:
Gemmell: The list of defensive injuries continues to grow for the Bears. The fact that Jordon James might not play is a blow, but not a huge one, since the Bruins were expecting a by-committee backfield anyway. Its secondary should feel pretty good about nabbing six interceptions last week. The Bears, however, have dropped nine straight against FBS opponents. This should make it an even 10. UCLA 42, California 27.
Miller: The Bruins are going to be hungry because of the embarrassing way they played in Berkeley last year, particularly QB Brett Hundley. How beat up is the Bears defense? Just one starter from the spring depth chart will start Saturday. The only question is how the potent Cal passing game matches up with the Bruins secondary, which grabbed six interceptions at Utah last week. UCLA 50, California 31.
Unanimous wins are also predicted by Yahoo and CBS Sports. Athlon Sports has declared we will be "no threat" to UCLA, marking us as 25-point underdogs.
Of course, this can only mean one thing...
EVERYTHING IS GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN. We have lulled the baby bears down south into a false sense of security. IT IS TIME FOR THE BEAR RAID TO STRIKE. PEW PEW PEW.
- Courtney Hendrickson has thrice been named NorPac West Defensive Player of the Week after setting a Cal record for saves in a game
- Checking in with two new Golden Bears, transfer students Brittany Shine and Kyra Dunn
- Getting to know freshman Hind Ben Abdelkader from Belgium
- Mixed success at this doubles event as the all-Cal duo of Ben McLachlan and Filip Bergevi lost, but Campbell Johnson and his non-Cal partner won
- Some team-time having dinner at a teammate's restaurant was a bright spot after losing at USC
- Cal conquered Colorado, with Utah up next on Sunday
Men's Water Polo
Men's Swimming and Diving
- Head Coach Dave Durden discusses the Indiana Dual Meet:
Women's Swimming and Diving
- They won't be the only Bears in SoCal as the no. 8/13 women's soccer team is set to face no. 2 UCLA and USC
- Cal vs. Oregon State will kickoff at 7:30 p.m. PT on ESPN2 or ESPNU
- Hunter Hewitt is getting to Know Your Enemy with Edward Lewis of Rivals/Yahoo
- Let's get to know our enemy getting to know us--Bruins Nation has coverage of "UC Berkeley's" coaching/special teams, defense, and offense
- A quick chat with DE Coach Garret Chachere
- We're movin' on up in Deadspin's all-team rankings!