As discussed in the comments of a fanpost here on CGB, we recently discovered that the intrepid leader of California's elite-level women's basketball team has been completely ignored by the Wikipedia community. Outrageous! Clearly, this egregiously disrespectful omission needed to be dealt with immediately. ;)
The foundation and supports are now in place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Gottlieb
Now, it's up to all of you. And I do mean ALL of you, because there's no better way to properly salute Lindsay Gottlieb--who is one of the most inclusive and collaborative coaches in the game--than with a total team effort.
Whether you choose to write huge blocks of content, or add reference links, or simply proofread, every little bit of work will make it a better page.
- Add a photo (or two) that YOU took. No, you can't go swipe one off the internet someplace. Make sure it's a good one--no DMV-nightmare photos. Blurry photos also don't count. Remember that sometimes no photo at all is actually preferable to a bad photo. The season is not yet over, so there's plenty of time to get a good headshot if no one has one already.
- Write up all sorts of awesome information. There are some good writers here on CGB that could put up a really pro bio for Lindsay. (Feel free to wipe out the mini bio I started at the top--I had to put something there just to get it started.) Make sure you take the time to add references for all of it! (As of this posting, I'm still working on adding references for the stuff I have up already.) A wiki page is a great place to collect information from, and links to, all sorts of cool stories that are out there in print. Go find them.
- Gently correct spelling/content errors and really horrendous grammatical mistakes. Do it with love and respect. (Speaking of which, please do check the accuracy of the records and math I posted already, because having factual stuff that's less than factual is totally not OK. Also, I got the tables formatted mostly correctly, but there is some stuff out of wack that I am continuing to tweak as of this writing, so don't freak out if you see stuff...moving.)
- Plagiarize. Every time you plagiarize a bear gets beaten by a tree! Copying stuff right out of Coach G's Cal bio is easy, but it's also totally wrong. Besides, she already has a an official Cal bio for a reason. Her Wiki page doesn't need to be a clone of that--it can just link out to it.
- Get into a flame war with your fellow CGBers if they have gently corrected your spelling/grammar mistakes. They love you, and they are just helping you make your coach's page awesome. ;)