After Wednesday's disappointing loss to Washington, the men's basketball team held a meeting to try to solve some of the team's issues. Allen Crabbe reveals a bit of what happened at the meeting.
On the importance of the win today
"After the Washington game, we had a little `Come to Jesus' meeting and we all picked it up on defense. I feel like the defense led to some good offense for us."
On the gist of the `Come to Jesus' meeting
"You have to play hard. You can't come out without the energy. Like David [Kravish] said last week, we went out there with no passion, no heart and it looked like we didn't care. We have to be more serious if we want to make a run in the Pac-12. We need to be successful and we need to play hard in order to do that."
On why Justin Cobbs didn't shoot during the first half
"I guess we wanted to get other players going before he started shooting. He does such a great job of handling the ball."
On the out of sync offense
"We just have to keep working harder on offense. We have to keep getting sharper in practice. We need to execute a lot better in the games. As you said, we have a tendency to get a bit sloppy in the game. I am just glad that we got the win, we really needed it and needed the confidence after the loss against Washington."
How can you tell it's the offseason? The Bay Area News Group manages to squeeze 6 articles out of the 2013 Pac-12 schedule.
Tony Gonzalez, Marshawn Lynch, and Aaron Rodgers were named to the 2012 AP All-Pro team.
- The Pac-12 released its 2013 schedule. With no weekday games and a bye week between tOSU and Oregon, Cal has a pretty good schedule this year.
The Big Game is the final game of the season again--all is right with the universe.
Wilner provides his thoughts on the Pac-12 schedule.
Wilner takes a look at Cal's the schedule.
- Wilner ranks the schedules. Not surprisingly, Cal has the toughest OOC schedule in the conference (and one of the toughest in the nation).
Wilner highlights the best and worst of the schedule.
The Bears bounced back from Wednesday's loss with a 67-54 win over the Cougars.
- Faraudo's game thread follows the game. Cal only made 2 field goals in the final 11:43, blew open the game with some great free throw shooting.
- Jorge Gutierrez has turned in several solid performances in a row in the NBA D-league.
The 7th-ranked women's team opened the Weinman Invitational by sweeping the singles matches and winning three out of four doubles matches.
Swimming and Diving
- Anne Kastler finished 12th on the 1M springboard at the Bruin Invite.
Collin Pollard finished 2nd on the 1M at the Bruin Invite.
- Members of the women's team set several personal and school records in a 194.575-192.425 win over UC Davis.