A Bear picking off the Luck? That has to be our highlight of Week 1 of the NFL regular season.
After the jump, quick stats on each Golden Bear.
NFL Rookie Debuts
- Philadelphia Eagles new linebacker Mychal Kendricks recorded four tackles in his first NFL start.
- Jacksonville Jaguars punter Bryan Anger boomed his four punts over an average of 50 yards.
- Cleveland Browns offensive tackle Mitchell Schwartz made his first start at right tackle.
- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Marvin Jones played on Monday Night Football for the Cincinnati Bengals against the Baltimore Ravens. Don't believe he played much though.
- Aaron Rodgers had an efficient performance for the Packers, completing 68% of his passes for 303 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. Rodger also led Green Bay with 27 rushing yards, which should give you an idea of how poor the Packer run attack was in their loss to SF.
- Tony Gonzalez had just another routine game: Five catches, 53 yards, 1 touchdown. 36 years old. Thomas DeCoud piled up six tackles for the Falcons in their win in Kansas City
- DeSean Jackson caught four passes for 77 yards for Philadelphia in their win over Cincinnati. Nnamdi Asomugha had a tackle and three passes deflected.
- Marshawn Lynch rushed for 85 yards on 21 carries, while catching two passes for 12 yards. Seahawks DL Brandon Mebane had two tackles, deflected two passes, and forced a fumble. Seattle lost to Arizona.
- Lavelle Hawkins had two catches for eight yards, Craig Stevens one catch for five yards for the Titans. Tennessee lost to New England.
- Chris Conte piled up three tackles and two pass deflections for Chicago in their win over Indianapolis.
- Cameron Jordan was second overall on the Saints defense with five tackles. New Orleans lost to Washington.
- Tyson Alualu had three tackles and a sack for the Jaguars in an overtime loss to Minnesota.