Alex Morgan was one of 10 Golden Bears in action today.
Another exciting day of Olympic action in the books and here are your California related results (after the jump) for the 10 Golden Bears (plus one coach) in action as well as links to some of the already available highlights (some of the higher profile ones won't be available online until after NBC's west coast primetime coverage).
So stay away spoiler-phobes (though we won't tell you how Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin (not yet a Cal commit), or the US Women's Gymnastic team did today).
Updated Medals Count: If Cal is its own country vs. other Pac-12 schools.
We start off today's recap in the pool where a Calympian gained a fancy new souvenir in her first Olympics.
- Women's 200 IM Finals: The Bears add to their medals total today with a Bronze medal earned by Caitlin Leverenz (USA) in the 200 IM Finals.
- Men's 100 Free Heat: Nathan Adrian (USA) won his heat and has the best qualifying time heading in to the semifinals. Graeme Moore (South Africa) finished 7th in his heat and did not advance.
- Men's 100 Free Semifinal: In the semifinals, Nathan Adrian booked a ticket to the finals tomorrow (Wednesday, August 1st) by having the second best time.
- Men's 200 Breast: Henque Barbosa (Brazil) finished 6th in his heat.
Nathan Adrian's top time in the 100 prelim can be seen here.
Men's Water Polo:
- US defeated Romania 10-8: John Mann (USA) with a goal. Link to the replay.
- Serbia defeated Great Britain 21-7: Aleksa Saponjic (Serbia) was part of the Serbian onslaught with a goal. Link to the replay.
- Women's Lightweight Double Sculls: Julie Nichols (USA) and partner Kristin Hedstrom, coached by fellow Cal Bears Dave O'Neill (USA), won their Repechage race to advance to the semifinal. Here is the highlight of today's race.
- US defeated North Korea 1-0 in Group Play: Alex Morgan (USA) with an assist. Replay of the game here.
- New Zealand defeated Cameroon 3-1 in Group Play: Betsy Hasset (NZ) started at as Midfielder. Replay of the game here.
- The two soccer teams with Golden Bears will meet in the Quaterfinal round on Friday.
- China fell to Russia 54-73: Max Zhang (China) played just under 4 minutes to record 1 block shot and 1 rebounds.
Pac-12 Medals Count:
Number of medals:
Number of events with medals: (my preferred method for better School as Country comparison)