While most of the focus at Pac-12 Media Day is on the stage, plenty goes on elsewhere at the event (as well as the day before). CalBears.com posted some videos where Keenan Allen and Josh Hill take us behind the scenes at the event.
All was right with the world after Keenan and Josh beat Keith Price and Desmond Trufant from UW. Let's replicate that performance when the Huskies come to town in November.
- Natalie Coughlin was rated 10th in ESPN's rankings of the greatest Olympians in US history.
- Alysia Montano is in London and ready to bring home gold in the 800m.
- Alex Morgan scored the game-tying goal and the final goal for the U.S. team in a 4-2 win over France.
- Zach Vlahos has some big responsibility as the coxswain for the U.S. rowing team.
- Daily Cal introduces to five Calympians.
- While Betsy Hassett usually has busy summers, she is especially preoccupied this summer with a trip to the London Olympics where she will play soccer for New Zealand.
- Here's a full transcript of quotes from the Cal crew at Pac-12 Media Day.
- Cal was picked to finish fourth in the Pac-12 North (though the Bears did earn a first-place vote!)
- Faraudo has snippets of the media luncheon Q+A with Josh Hill and Keenan Allen.
- Uncle Ted has some snippets from Larry Scott's opening remarks at media day. More from Larry Scott and Pac-12 Network head Gary Stevenson.
- Jon Wilner has the latest on the Pac-12 Network updates.
- Uncle Ted rounds up a quick summary of remarks from Jeff Tedford, Keenan Allen, and Josh Hill.
- Crumpacker recaps media day (and even mentions my bear hunting question). Crumpacker has more media day coverage for his SFGate article.
- CalBears.com has a photo gallery from media day.
- Jeff Tedford is excited about the new turf being installed at Memorial Stadium.
- Deborah Maier was named the 2012 National Scholar-Athlete of the Year by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches' Association. In addition to posting the school's best finish at the NCAA championships in 24 years (11th), she has maintained an impressive 3.82 GPA.
- Raquel Kops-Jones signed with the World TeamTennis organization's Washington Kastles while several of their current members participate in the Olympics.
- Shay Seager looks back on a successful career at Cal, where she hopes to return soon to earn a PhD in microbiology.
- The American Volleyball Coaches Association gave Cal the Team Academic Award for the 201-12 season. The team earned the award by maintaining over a 3.3 GPA.