Anthony Ervin (left) and Nathan Adrian (right) will go for a Cal Bears sweep of the top 2 spot in Men's 50 Free tonight
- Anthony Ervin made the Olympics team in 50 Free by finishing 2nd
- Jessica Hardy and Madison Kennedy advances to the Women's 50 Free Final
- Elizabeth Pelton (3rd), Tom Shields (4th), and Nathan Adrian (3rd) all narrowly missed out in their event tonight
- Prelim (tape delayed) on NBCSN from 3-5 pm PT (results)
Finals (live on NBC, except for the West Coast, and online on NBCOlympics.com...may require an account from TV provider): 5-6 pm PT
Day 7 Events:
Women's 200m Back - Final
Men's 100m Fly - Final
Women's 800m Free - Final
Men's 50m Free - Final
Women's 50m Free - Semifinal
Day 8 Events:
Women's 50m Free - Final
Men's 1500m Free - Final
Cal Bears in action:
6 Cal Bears are already on the team (Dana Vollmer, Caitlin Leverenz, Rachel Bootsma, Jessica Hardy, and Natalie Coughlin for the women, Nathan Adrian for the men), can 3 more join them tonight?
- Elizabeth Pelton, incoming Bear, has come close to a few Olympics berth but has not made the team yet. Can she overtake Missy Franklin and Elisabeth Beisel for a spot in 200 Back?
- Tom Shields, the 2012 Pac-12 Swimmer of the Year and Swimmer of the Meet for the NCAA Championship, is also looking to make the Olympics team for the first time. He will have a tough task to maintain that second best time in the 100 Fly final.
- Anthony Ervin, former Cal Bear and gold medalist who took 8 years off swimming, and Nathan Adrian have the two best time in the semifinals. Can they both make it in the 50 Free?
- Women's 50 Free (today and tomorrow) should see Jessica Hardy, Dana Vollmer, and Liv Jensen in contention. Hardy and Vollmer have already secured spot on the team, can Jensen join them?