Hi CGB, did you miss me? I was on a 3 day cruise from
scenic, sunny industrial, functional Long Beach.
I had gone on two cruises with my family before: a 4 day to the Bahamas (Carnival) and a 10 day to Alaska (Princess). On both, I was less than 15 years old and still quite naive; I thought cruises were 100% shuffleboard, buffets, ping pong, and sleeping by 10 pm to wake up at 6 am for the shore excursion.
So imagine by complete and total shock when I arrived at the supreme bro-fest known as a Carnival Ensenada cruise. Here are some of the highlights:
- Watching the evolution of certain groups (example: night 1 is bachelor party, night 2 is bachelor party + a few girls, night three the cougars pounce on the unsuspecting young men...)
- Sneaking alcohol in Listerine bottles... then pounding them as we walked through security.
- One of my friends pulling a Hangover and passing out in an obscure location, leading to a 2 hour profanity-laced search
- Drinking in Ensenada bars... yeeeeeeesh. Some creepy mofos.
- Cruise casinos are fun, BUT no free drinks?! WTF!
All in all, I now understand the "booze cruise" descriptor and look forward to another one soon! (not too soon, though...)
After reading this, cruising is...
A floating, living tomb (aka only for old people) (7 votes)
My next vacation! (2 votes)
A waste of time and money (7 votes)
Other! (comment pls) (3 votes)
19 total votes