TV: NBC Sports Network 11 a.m.-1 p.m. PT, NBC TV 1-3 p.m. PT (Championship scheduled for 2:25 p.m. PT and would be broadcasted live on National TV)
Cal schedule: Quarterfinal vs. Texas (10:56 a.m. ET / 7:56 a.m. PT)
@CalVarsityRugby for score updates
California 21, Navy 10
California 29, Notre Dame 0
California 29, Army 5
For the 3rd consecutive year, the Rugby Bears carry a perfect record (winning Pool D) into the knock out stage of the CRC 7s. Given the more chaotic nature of Rugby 7s, single elimination rounds could again bring some surprises (hopefully not at the expense of our Bears). The Bears are looking to master the rugby 7 format (which would be in the next Olympics) and win this CRC 7s for the first time in school history.
Up first for the Bears are the Texas Longhorns who went (2-1) in their pool (losing their one game against Arizona). If the Bears can advance, then they would play the winner between Wisconsin and the reigning champion Dartmouth (pool B winner).
Other schools still in the mix are Life University (Pool A winner), Delaware, Arizona (Pool C winner), and Navy.
After the jump, review of the rugby 7 format and the full schedule for today. GO BEARS!
General rugby explanation: here is a possibly NSFW video explaining basic rugby terms featuring some female models
Full schedule for Sunday:
(Match #) Sunday Matchups (Kickoff ET/PT)
(25) Life vs. Delaware (9:50/6:50 a.m.)
(26) Wisconsin vs. Dartmouth (10:12/7:12 a.m.)
(27) Arizona vs. Navy (10:34/7:34 a.m.)
(28) Texas vs. California (10:56/7:56 a.m.)
Semifinal: (33) W #25 vs. W #27 (2:03 p.m/ 11:03 a.m.)
Semifinal: (34) W #26 vs. W #28 (2:28 p.m./11:28 a.m.)
(29) Penn State vs. Maryland (11:58/8:58 a.m.)
(30) Temple vs. Florida (12:20 p.m./9:20 a.m.)
(31) Oklahoma vs. Notre Dame (12:42 p.m./9:42 a.m.)
(32) NC State vs. Army (1:04 p.m./10:04 a.m.)
Semifinal: (35) W #29 vs. W #31 (2:53 p.m./11:53 a.m.)
Semifinal: (36) W #30 vs. W #32 (3:18/12:18 p.m.)
(37) L #33 vs. L #34 (4:28/1:28 p.m.)
(38) W #35 vs. W #36 (4:53/1:53 p.m.)
(39) W #33 vs. W #34 (5:18/2:18 p.m.)