Both Dana Vollmer and Natalie Coughlin will look to make the US Olympic team in 100 Fly tonight.
- Dana Vollmer returns to the Olympics by winning the 100 Fly
- Jessica Hardy made it to the 100 Breast Final with the 2nd best time
- In Women's 100 Back, incoming Bears Rachel Bootsma and Elizabeth Pelton made it to finals, finishing with 2nd and 4th best time. Natalie Coughlin just squeaked in with the 7th best time but needs to finish in the top 2 tomorrow night for a chance to 3-peat in 100 Back.
Prelim (tape delayed) on NBCSN from 3:30-5 pm PT (results)
Finals (live on NBC, except for the West Coast, and online on NBCOlympics.com): 5-6 pm PT
Day 2 Events:
Women's 100m Fly - Final
Men's 200m Free - Semifinal
Women's 100m Breast - Semifinal
Men's 100m Breast - Final
Women's 400m Free - Final
Men's 100m Back - Semifinal
Women's 100m Back - Semifinal
Expected Bears in contention:
- Women's 100 Fly is Dana Vollmer's lose (she beat her own American Record on the semifinal on Monday night). Can Natalie Coughlin somehow take the other spot? Coughlin has the 4th best time in the semifinals.
- Jessica Hardy is considered a contender in Women's 100 Breast.
- Women's 100 Back has been Coughlin's event, but she will face challenges from Missy Franklin (billed as this year's female Michael Phelps...and a potential future Bears) as well as incoming Bears in Pelton and Bootsma.