So you'll regularly run into articles and editorials about how to make flying more efficient (extra sets of wings on planes) or how to make it safer (robo body scans and hover drones).
But forget that. How can we make flying more fun?
Maybe I don't enjoy flying too much because of the inefficiencies, but let's pretend that's not the point.
Okay, here we go!
1) Free wi-fi: Some carriers offer this already, supposedly, but now all flights have free wi-fi! So you can waste your time flying posting on CGB or chatting on gmail or... doing whatever it is you do on cyberbears.
2) Electric outlets: Along with the above. Imagine being able to use your laptop... the entire flight from SFO to New Delhi! With wi-fi! Wow, it'd just be like an average Friday night for any random Foothill resident!
3) Tasty, affordable, fresh good at the airport: Because who doesn't hate the feeling of a long layover and then having to shell out $15 for a slice of lukewarm half-plastic pizza. Now imagine that a layover at O'Hare means you can buy a heaping slice of Gino's East pizza at the same prices you'd get it on Michigan Ave! Wouldn't that make things more fun?
4) A movie theatre at the airport: Because if I'm not flying for work and have a four hour layover... wouldn't it be awesome to watch American Reunion?
5) One social bar at the airport: Obviously bars exist at the airport. But look at them! It's people drinking one beer or one whisky, staring at a magazine or the local news. What if there were even a social sports bar where people talked to one another?!
6) A bar on the plane: Legend has it some airlines have this in classes frequented only by 1%-ers. But, halfway between JFK and Heathrow... why not hang out at the bar in the middle of the plane and throw back a few?
Wow, these are silly ideas.