Because it's been like a whole three months since we've had one of these discussions.
I dunno, maybe it's just putting myself in the school mindset again, but I've been really nostalgic all of a sudden. And that got me thinking. Yes, we all miss Berkeley... but what do we miss about it? Is it the people (many of whom are still my closest friends to this day)? Is it the college life (and, if so, is this really unique to Berkeley or am I just tired of actual responsibility)? Or is it something else?
So here are a couple things I came up with that I miss about Berkeley (so school and the town):
1) Being on campus. When I visited a class at Haas, it was a slightly surreal feeling, being back on campus, strolling through Memorial Glade and doing the familiar walk from Haas down to Sproul.
2) The people, and being surrounded by them all the time. Real life is so different. Having the ability to meet new people all the time and having all your close friends within a couple blocks was wonderful.
3) The food. Because who doesn't occasionally crave their favourite La Burrita or Top Dog or Thai Basil or Blondie's dish?
4) Simultaneously feeling like you knew everything. And nothing. It's part of being in an academic environment
5) Limitless. Your life, the possibilities. You could do anything you wanted. You could become anyone you dreamed of.