Mar 14, 2012; Dayton, OH, USA; South Florida Bulls cheerleaders perform in a game against the California Golden Bears during the first round of the 2012 NCAA men's basketball tournament at Dayton Arena. South Florida defeated California 65-54. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
|1||Curly Braces MRF||36 of 48||48||148|
|1||faninstockton Ed Dog||36 of 48||48||172|
|3||veritas Simon||36 of 48||47||115|
|3||Thoroughbred's Losers Johnson Stingleheimer||36 of 48||47||163|
|5||nickseevers Nick||35 of 48||46||158|
|5||Lobsterback Bisque Berkelium97||35 of 48||46||170|
|7||El_CHINGON Magana||34 of 48||45||157|
|7||CalBeer Shawn||35 of 48||45||157|
|7||BooYaa! JimAtHome||35 of 48||45||161|
|10||Cal Band Great! Erin||34 of 48||44||168|
|148||*Yellow Fever Brother Bruce||26 of 48||33||61|
Well, uh, I didn't do so hot.Quick facts about everyone's bracket so far:
- Kentucky was the most popular pick to go all the way, with 68 of 162 brackets picking them to win it all. Missouri (oops) and North Carolina were tied for second with 28 picks, Ohio State came in fourth with 14 picks, and Michigan State got 8 picks. Rounding out the rest of the field were Kansas (6), Baylor and Syracuse (2 each), and Duke (oops) and South Florida with 2 each.
- I was one of the two who picked USF. I salute you, Omnizzle, my partner in homerism. Of course, the South Florida picks were the same as picking Cal, since Yahoo had USF/Cal as the same pick because we were in the first four thing and all that.
- Eight people tied for first in round 1 with 25 out of 32 correct picks - these were veritas, Thoroughbred's Losers, CalBeer, BooYaa!, haha UDumb, Easy Peasy, SturdyGoldenBear, and CBaKWit CBakWit.
- Curly Braces and faninstockton rolled up 24 points in round 2 (12/16 correct picks) to lead everyone in that round - no surprise they're tied atop the overall leaderboard.
- faninstockton also has the highest potential total at 172 points, with all four of his Final Four teams (Kentucky, Marquette, Ohio State, and Kansas) still alive.
- Finally, the bracket with the lowest potential point total is, uh, me. That'll happen when you expect the national championship game to be a rematch of Pac-12 semis with Cal going over Colorado by a score of 199-1.