We have reached the final day of the frenetic first weekend of the 2012 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. It was upsets galore on Friday night with two #15 seeds beating #2 seeds within hours of each other. Those Missouri and Duke conquerors -- Norfolk State and Lehigh, respectively -- will take the floor again today and try to reach the Sweet 16. A #13 seed, Ohio University, is also in action today after upsetting #4 seed Michigan on Friday night. Next up for the Bobcats? Our familiar foe, South Florida, in a 12 v. 13 seed matchup I'm sure all of you had in your brackets.
Speaking of unlikely third-round games, only two of today's contests (Creighton vs. UNC and Cincinnati vs. Florida St.) feature matchups where the second-round bracketing chalk held. (March) Madness!
By the time today's games are done, eight more teams will punch their tickets to the Sweet 16. This is your open thread for the day. Enjoy the games. Full schedule after the jump.
And a reminder for you Cal fans still wanting to watch Cal play in some March Madness: the Cal women play their first round NCAA tournament game against Iowa at 9 am Pacific Time today!
(All Times Pacific)
Midwest Region -- Columbus, OH
(11) N.C. State (23-12) vs. (3) Georgetown (24-8)
9:15 am, CBS
West Region -- Columbus, OH
(9) Saint Louis (26-7) vs. (1) Michigan State (28-7)
11:45 am, CBS
Midwest Region -- Greensboro, NC
(8) Creighton (29-5) vs. (1) North Carolina (30-5)
2:15 pm, CBS
West Region -- Omaha, NE
(15) Norfolk State (26-9) vs. (7) Florida (24-10)
3:10 pm, TNT
Midwest Region -- Nashville, TN
(13) Ohio (28-7) vs. (12) South Florida (22-13)
4:10 pm, TBS
South Region -- Greensboro, NC
(15) Lehigh (27-7) vs. (10) Xavier (22-12)
4:45 pm, truTV
Midwest Region -- Omaha, NE
(10) Purdue (22-12) vs. (2) Kansas (28-6)
5:40 pm, TNT
East Region -- Nashville, TN
(6) Cincinnati (25-10) vs. (3) Florida State (25-9)
6:40 pm, TBS