So I noticed it's December. Does that mean we can start looking forward to Christmas now? Turn on our favourite Christmas carols and just enjoy this time of the year. Perhaps wish that one day, I can enjoy a white Christmas in a fully lit-up New York City? I really miss living in a big city right now. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year :)
What are your favourite signs that Christmas is here?
- The Christmas carols? And which ones do you like -- the timeless classics, like Dean Martin's "Winter Wonderland" or Bing Crosby's "Deck The Halls"? The pop stuff of today, with Jason Mraz and Britney Spears singing those songs? (okay, to be fair, Michael Buble is pretty good at his Christmas carols). Or the very traditional choir-driven Christmas songs like "Joy To The World", "The First Nowell", or "O Come All Ye Faithful"?
- Starbucks serving Christmas beverages in the decorative red cups? That reminds me, I should pick up a Gingerbread Latte or Peppermint Mocha #stfufatty
- Snow? Side note, I still haven't seen any of this. It got bitter cold... and all of a sudden, it's in the fifties. I kinda want one day of snow; I have a feeling I'll regret this wish as soon as I have to walk to class in wind tunnels though
- Carolers on the corners singing their hearts out?
- The general niceties in the air?