Oregon State ended the Cal careers of some of our favorite athletes: Kevin Riley, Jahvid Best. Will they do the same for Tedford on Saturday?
Just one more game. One more game.
- It's going to be a cold, rainy game. 100% chance of rain during the day with 70% (and up to 0.3") at night. Wind should fall from 25mph during the day to 5-10mph at night.
- Vegas didn't decide on a line until Thursday but ultimately favored the Beavers by 14.
- ESPN Pac-12 blog predicts a close game.
Kevin Gemmell: The Beavers are probably still lamenting a missed opportunity at Stanford (as am I for picking them). But that shouldn't derail them at home this week -- especially against a Cal team limping into its season finale. Oregon State 28, Cal 21.
Ted Miller: Oregon State has a lot to play for, whoever starts at quarterback. Cal does not, though an inspired effort would show the Bears are fighting for embattled coach Jeff Tedford. Oregon State 24, California 17.
- CBS' writers unanimously pick Oregon State to cover the spread (-9.5).
- Athlon's writers mostly predict a blowout.
|Score||Cal 16.4, Oregon State 34.1
||Cal 24.7, Oregon State 27.3||Cal 24.2, Oregon State 34.0|
Cal at Oregon St Oregon St, 30-13 Oregon St, 31-17 Oregon St, 27-10 Oregon St, 35-14
– Cal at Oregon State, 7:30 p.m. (Pac-12 Networks): I have no doubt the Bears (3-8, 2-6) will play hard. Problem is: the Beavers (7-2, 5-2) are not a good matchup for Cal. OSU is tough against the run, which is what the Bears do best on offense. In a hostile environment with OSU eager to bounce back from a tough loss at Stanford, just don’t envision the upset. Oregon State 28, Cal 13.
- Athlon says Tedford is one of five head coaches who will be fired at the end of this season.
- Tedford and Sandy Barbour will meet on Sunday to discuss his fate. Faraudo caught up with her at the Pepperdine game. ln the brief interview she repeatedly emphasizes the need for a quick turnaround for the program.
- Monte Poole says the decision on Jeff Tedford will tell us how seriously Cal intends to compete in the new, high-stakes world in our Pac-12 Network-era conference.
- Jabari Bird officially signed with the Bears. Jordan Mathews and Sam Singer are expected to join him, but Cal has not officially announced their signing.
- The women's team signed another top-20 class. They welcome three Californians (two of whom are among the top-55 recruits nationwide) and a Belgian.
- Faraudo's game thread follows along as Cal leads Pepperdine wire to wire.
- Monty talks postgame about the ups and downs of the win.
- With only one senior departing this year, the men's team signed a small but promising class.
- The women's team signed Alice Jeong, the 38th overall prospect and the no. 12 player in California.
Swimming and Diving
- Missy Franklin headlines the seven-woman class who joined Cal today.
- The men's team signed six new members.