After the hard-fought win, Jeff Tedford spoke with pride about his team's performance. He praise the team's execution and spoke of the team's formation of an offensive identity up front.
On the performance in the second half
"It's a tremendous testament to them. I still believe in them, and I knew we could do some good things. It was a great team effort."
On the running game
"We're starting to get our identity up front, from the backs understanding what they need to see and our linemen doing what they've been doing. It was a great job by our entire coaching staff"
On back-to-back wins
"It always felt like we have been better than what we've been showing. In my heart I felt like this team was capable of things. This week we were better about doing our job and our assignment. I noticed some guys getting used to playing next to each other."
On the offense
"The offensive line played well and the backs played hard. Keenan had a huge game. He's a go-to guy."
Plenty of links today.
- The Cal Alumni Association is having a competition with the Stanford Alumni Association. Whoever gets the most likes on the Big Game-themed photos will win. With a much larger alumni base (and fanbase) than the Lobsterbacks, we have no reason not to win. So make sure you spam that like button!
- CalBears.com has a photo gallery from Saturday's game.
- Faraudo's open thread follows along as the Bears score first for the first time all season and cruise to a quick double-digit lead.
- Jim McGill recaps the game for Bear Insider.
- Faraudo recaps the game and includes a handful of photos.
- Crumpacker pens a lengthy recap of the game.
- Kevin Gemmell recaps the game for ESPN's Pac-12 blog.
- Gorcey recaps the game for BearTerritory.
- What did we learn in the Pac-12 this week? The Bears aren't dead yet.
- Keenan Allen earns one of Ted Miller's coveted helmet stickers. Several others had exceptional offensive performances, so Allen is probably not favored for the Pac-12 Player of the Week award.
- The men's team could be better than it was last year, but it has plenty of leadership and character to replace.
- Monty looks back at where he was at this time last year, when he had to deal with bladder cancer.
- The Bears defeated Cal Poly (twice), UC Davis, Sacramento State, and Saint Mary's en route to a perfect showing at the Stanford 7s Invitational.
- Two Cal duos advanced to the finals and three singles to the semifinals at the Saint Mary's Invitational.
- The men's team is also vying for several titles, including two singles finals and a doubles final at the UCSB Classic.
- The men's team finished 12th at the Bronco Invitational and the women's team put in a strong showing.