With the weather forecasted to reach the 70s in SF today, I figure it's time for a long overdue appreciation of the joy that is summer and all that comes with it.
Sure, there are downsides. No football or basketball or good new tv shows. But that just gives more reason to go out! So here are a couple things that I personally appreciate about summer in the city! Share yours!
1) Summer fashion -- Summer suits (seersucker, poplin) and light colours. I love wearing them on Fridays and getting ready for the outdoor happy hours (see #2). Also, pastel polo shirts. If you've been dedicated to the gym, even better!
2) Outdoor happy hours -- Something about being in the greatest city in the world (sorry, NY) and enjoying warm weather outdoors, while sipping on a cool beverage is exciting.
3) BBQs -- In spite of being a vegetarian, what's not to like about grilling food outdoors and tossing a football around or playing beer pong? A great way to get a bunch of friends together in a different setting
4) More hikes -- Okay, fine, I put this on the list for other people.
5) The beach -- Unfortunately not so big up here in the city, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying it.
6) Swimming and the pool -- Not just the big pool parties in Vegas and whatnot, but even just grabbing a few friends and swimming around in the pool on a lazy Sunday. Love it!
7) Running outside -- I'm not a big fan of running, but it's much better in the evenings when it's warm, along the waterfront.
8) Summer jams -- I fully admit to enjoy catchy, throwaway summer tunes.
9) Warm nights -- They're still kinda rare around here in the city, but, man, when they happen... It's amazing
Okay, that's a long enough list for now. And wow, this is a pretty self-indulgent DBD, but that's what you get!
The opinions expressed in a FanPost are, in every way, reflective of the opinions of every California Golden Blogs Marshawnthusiast. Moreover, they are reflective of every employee of SBNation, including Tyler "Blez" Bleszinski.