This morning another Cal football game was picked to be televised: the season opener against Fresno State. Details are below:
The TicketCity Battle by the Bay on Saturday, Sept. 3 featuring Cal against Fresno State in the 2011 season-opener for both teams will kick off at 4 p.m. PT from San Francisco's Candlestick Park. The contest will be televised live by CSN California.
Tickets for the game are now on sale through the tickets link at CalBears.com or by calling the Cal Athletic Ticket Office at (800) GO BEARS. Fans interested in purchasing a suite can call the San Francisco 49ers at (415) 656-4949.
Non-Cal student prices start as low as $40 and are available at the following levels.
Sideline Upper Box - $95 Sideline Lower Box and Lower Reserve - $95 Corner/End Zone Upper Box, Lower Reserve and Lower Box - $75 Sideline Upper Level - $55 Corner/End Zone Upper Level - $40 Cal Student Tickets - $20 (on sale at later date)
The announcement of the Cal-Fresno State contest on CSN California increases Cal's number of televised games in 2011 to four, with three others to be aired nationally by ESPN - Thursday, Oct. 6 at Oregon; Thursday, Oct. 13 vs. USC at AT&T Park; Friday, Nov. 25 at Arizona State. Additional Cal games are expected to be picked up for television broadcasts, and networks and game times will be announced when they become available.
After the jump David Esquer is named coach of the year (again!) and Uncle Ted previews this fall's most anticipated feature, "The Tedford Identity."
- Ted Miller looks at the number of returning starters for Pac-12 teams this season. Cal is perfectly average with 15.
- Uncle Ted talks about Cal's storyline this season, which he dubs "The Tedford Identity."
- David Esquer was named coach of the year again, this time by CollegeBaseballInsider.com.
- Alex Morgan and the US staged an improbable comeback against Brazil and defeated them 5-3 in penalty kicks.
- Kyle Bunthuwong writes about his experience at the qualifiers for the Visa Championships. His performance at last week's qualifiers earned him an invitation to the main event in late August.