As the staff person in charge of Cal-related alumni activities (the activities not sponsored by the bowl itself), I have access to the "Bowl Binder" which explains in nitty gritty detail the responsibilities of each team. Obviously I can't share everything, but here are a few fun tidbits. Also, bookmark alumni.berkeley.edu/athletics for a list of ALL the public activities for fans while in San Diego. GO BEARS!
In no particular order...
- Each team is allotted 11,000 tickets, which they are required to sell or be on the hook for. They are on the north side of the stadium in the Club (small amount), Press (small amount), Field, Plaza, Loge, and View levels. <particulars of which sections and the numbers in each section removed by request of the Cal Athletic Ticket Office.>
- NEW: The public on-sale date for Holiday Bowl tickets in the Cal section, sold by Cal Athletics and therefore a part of the tickets they are on the hook to sell, is Monday, Dec. 12th. At this time, you WILL be able to buy the actual seat, in the actual section, that you want.
- The Cal Band will be on the Field level, sections 56, 57, and 58. I have no idea where the student section will be.
- The Team Hotel is the Hilton Bayfront, 1 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101. The Band Hotel is the W Hotel, 421 West B Street, San Diego, CA 92101.
- We are the "visiting" team and therefore will use the combined San Diego State and Visitor's locker room. Also, we are required to where WHITE jerseys. No requirements on helmet color. ;) Our bench will be on the North side of the stadium.
- Dasani is the official water of the Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl. Drink Up!
- Parking is $20 per car. Limited RV parking available. It's $45 for cars 20' and over. Of course, the trolley is available as well.
- The gifts the team gets are always the best: A Tourneau watch ($98), a Sports Tek Hooded Sweatshirt ($30), a Best Buy certificate ($356), and a Baseball Cap ($16). They made it easy this year and lets the players pick their own cool gadget at Best Buy.
Tuesday, Dec. 27
- 11:30am: Battle of the Bands at the San Diego Convention Center
- 12noon: Kick-Off Luncheon ($50)
Wednesday, Dec. 28
- 9am-1pm: Big Bay Family Festival at the Broadway Pier
- 9:30am: Wiener dog races! (on parade route)
- 9:45am: 5K race
- 10am: Big Bay Balloon Parade - definitely a crowd favorite!
- 5pm: Game time
Pre-game tailgate information to come, as well as a fun Tuesday night adventure in the Gaslamp District. Take the poll to help us out!
For the night before in the Gaslamp District, would you prefer:
Bear Crawl (like in 2006, there is a map with ~5 bars and drink/food specials) (72 votes)
Johnny Love's (like in 2009, this would be the place for Cal fans to hang out) (20 votes)
Something else entirely (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) (4 votes)
All sounds good, just tell me which bar(s) to go to! (75 votes)
171 total votes