Since a lot of us are probably spending New Year's weekend planning our trip to San Diego, we here at CGB figured that you guys might need a thread (or two or more, depending on how much discussion comes out of this) to coordinate your activities once you get down there. There are obviously some fine events being put on by the Cal Alumni Association, and we figure there are other things you'd like to do with your time down south.
Consider this thread for
1) Planning your itinerary down in San Diego (places to eat and stay).
2) Travel tips about San Diego (what transport works best, what routes to take, best way to get there, how to navigate around the city, etc.).
3) Networking (meeting up with people at random spots).
4) Gathering with other CGBers at Cal events.
5) Buying/selling/exchanging tickets.
Also, those native to San Diego, your input would be greatly appreciated to help us better understand where to go and what to do. Cal fans can sometimes be like Bluth Company employees; we'll be led whereever you take us ("Oh hey there zoo, they have a panda there! Let's go see the panda." No offense to the zoo, they have awesome pandas and an out-of-this-world zoo, but I'm sure other places in SD are also worth seeing.) Things off the beaten path would be much encouraged!
Hope this thread helps Cal (and yes, even Texas) fans come up with an enjoyable way to spend their time in San Diego.