LOS ANGELES, CA - MARCH 10: The California Golden Bears band performs before the start of the Golden Bears game against the USC Trojans in the quarterfinals of the 2011 Pacific Life Pac-10 Men's Basketball Tournament at Staples Center on March 10, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
aussie_picks just might run away with this thing.
- The week's top performers were Golden Beers, class of 87, California Golden Picks, and Mallrat92204, all of whom went 13/21. Not an outstanding week for anyone, as it were.
- The week's worst were Cal Dragonboat, mrjpark, DC2012, sec119, and Oh peaches! All went 8/13. Not a terribly terrible week for anyone else either, as it were.
- Only had 44 people submit a full slate of picks this week.
- 36 of 44 people picked Cal to cover that 9.5 point spread against Washington State. If you didn't, well, maybe you just spent too much time watching the lowlights of that UCLA game.
- Only three people incorrectly picked Colorado (+21) against USC. Which is as it should be - why would anyone bet on the Buffaloes at this point?
- Four people each correctly picked Iowa (+4) against Michigan and UCLA (+9) against Arizona State. How about those Sun Devils, eh? Just when you think you've got them figured out, they change the questions.
- Five people incorrectly picked Oregon State (+21) to cover against the Furd. Pretty much the same story here with Colorado and USC, really.
- Six incorrectly took Texas A&M (+13.5) against Oklahoma. In hindsight, that 13.5 point spread doesn't seem so ridiculous, which is why it's a bit surprising to me that I took Oklahoma. Hm.
- Seven had Louisville (+13) against West Virginia. Who's ready for another four loss Big East BCS representative?
Lobsterback Bisque continues its downward spiral.
MONTEE BALL!!!!!! Also, V. McDonald too. Thanks, buddy. I really like what Geno Smith
and Montee did for me, and honestly I'm a little surprised at how well Rutgers' defense has been playing. Picked up even more points than THE Ohio State University defense has. Robert Griffin rolled up 46 points, but RAAAAMPAGE just couldn't match up otherwise.
Team America rode Matt Barkley and his 46 points to get past WhoLovesOrangeSoda by a count of 154-131
. Justin Blackmon
chipped in 30 points to help out, while Orange Soda picked up 33 points from the NC State defense...and not much else.
Suck it Starkey cruised by born2longsnap 136-87 on the strength of its passing game, with Bryant Moniz
, Robert Woods, and Stedman Bailey
going off for 88 points. Which was one more than born2longsnap's entire team mustered. Taylor Martinez
did his part, but he was handicapped by getting three big fat zeroes from other roster spots.
Loser's Lurgy continues to lurge along, falling by the awful score of 120-44. Yeah. Andrew Luck put up 26 points, but it goes without saying he didn't get much help at all otherwise.
The week's closest matchup went to Team Marshall, in beating Team 5 92-86
. And really, any team that is willing to start Zack Maynard over Kellen Moore
really deserves to win, don't you think?
Big BAM dealt Lobsterback Bisque its second straight loss, 149-136
, behind the continuing-to-set-records Case Keenum
and yeoman's efforts from Zach Line
and Joseph Randle. Lobsterback Bisque got strong, decent efforts from the majority of its roster, but didn't have a single player go over 25 points...aside from its backup QB, Russell Wilson