If you have not yet filled out a report card for yesterday's game, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
The big focus at yesterday's post-game press conference was the running game, which has piled up almost 600 yards over the past two games. Here's what Tedford had to say about the Cal ground game.
On Cal's running game:
"(The running emphasis) just evolved, knowing which teams we play and staying balanced. When you are successful running the ball, it makes it a lot easier staying with it. We have had a lot of success over the last couple weeks. Isi (Sofele) is running really hard. He and C.J. (Anderson) have matured through the season. Staying balanced is a big part of the game plan."
On RB C.J. Anderson:
"The plan going in was to use both Isi and C.J. I thought C.J. played really well. He has hung in there and learned over the course of the year."
On Cal's holding penalties:
"We do not accept that (as part of the running game). We will have to look at the tape and see where the penalties occurred. We'll learn from them. In a closer game, three touchdowns being called back would be devastating; we need to correct it. If you take out the penalties, I think the offensive line did a really good job."
You have to love CJ's second quote here:
On the play of the O-line:
"They outmanned them. They played more physical. We talked about it all week. This was going to be a physical game. We had the mindset that we needed to run with violence and run-block with violence, and that's what we came out and did. We were very successful at it. Maybe we got a little too violent with the penalties, but we'll clean that up and continue to go on."
On having two touchdowns called back:
"It's all right. The win was good. The bowl eligibility is better. We got the bowl game so we have more games to play. We've got Big Game next week, so I'll just head in and get my touchdowns in that game."
After the jump Calvin gets his first career TD, Monty opens basketball season with a win, and volleyball earns a crucial pair of victories in Washington.
- Here's your fun stat of the week: Cal is tied for 4th in the nation in tackles for loss (78). We're tied for first among teams in BCS conferences.
- Isi Sofele earns one of Ted Miller's Pac-12 helmet stickers.
- Scout.com recaps the game as the Bears become bowl eligible.
- Stiglich recaps the game and posts some photos from yesterday. In case you missed it during the game, photo 18 is of Sofele after Justin Cheadle accidentally chest bumped him into the turf. Take it easy on the little guy!
- CalBears.com has some photos from yesterday's game.
- Stiglich has some notes and quotes from the postgame press conference.
- More stats and notes from the Bears' win.
- Michael Calvin was all smiles after catching his first career touchdown.
- The Big Game will kick off at 7:15pm and be aired on ESPN.
- 8 of ESPN's 15 experts picked the Bears to win the Pac-12.
- Monty and his 24th ranked Bears opened the season with a 77-56 win over UC Irvine. CalBears.com has post-game quotes from Monty, Harper Kamp, Allen Crabbe, and UCI coach Russell Turner.
- BearTerritory.net recaps the game.
- Faraudo's gamethread is a great minute-by-minute recap of the game.
- Faraudo has some notes and stats from the game.
- The women's team opened the NCAA tournament with a win over Santa Clara. The Bears will face either Boston College or Maris next week in Palo Alto.
- The men's team's season came to an end with a 3-0 loss against Stanford.
- The third-ranked Bears defeated UC Davis 13-6.
- The Bears slipped past no. 7 Pacific in a 9-8 victory.
- No. 5 Cal opened the weekend with a sweep over WSU.
- The Bears capped the weekend with a huge win over 11th-ranked Washington.
- Robin Rostratter was named to the Capital One All-Academic team. The media studies/Spanish double major has an impressive 3.87 GPA.