Use this as your open thread for Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech. Go Jackets!
How doomed are the Bears? Let's ask the experts.
California 28, Oregon State 24: Cal never beats Oregon State. And I never pick either of these teams correctly. But Cal is at home -- sort of at AT&T park -- and seemed to figure out last week against Washington State that it needs to run the ball and play defense to win.
- Cal fans predict a 64% chance of victory while 71% of the Pac-12 community picks the Bears to win.
- Wilner picks the Bears to cover the spread.
OREGON STATE (plus-9.5) at CAL: Beavers have owned the series in recent years but lack the defensive mettle and steady hand at QB to continue their dominance. Pick: Cal.
- Phil Steele's computer forecast has the Bears outscoring OSU 25-15, on average, and winning 87% of the time. Phil picks the Bears to win by 6.
After the jump Isi gets on track for 1000 yards, basketball season approaches, and fall signing day brings several talented young athletes to Cal.
- Stiglich reports from Wednesday's practice. Tedford plans to hit the Beavs with the running game to open up the passing attack. Tedford was tight-lipped about injury updates for Chris McCain and David Wilkerson.
- Wilner has the Bears at 8th in his Pac-12 power rankings. Curiously enough, they are one spot behind Utah.
- None of the current players have beaten Oregon State. Sean Cattouse and Justin Cheadle reflect on the Bears' struggles against the Beavers.
- CalSportsDigest previews this must-win game for the Bears. On paper, the Bears should win...
- What should we watch in this week's Cal game? Will the good Bears or the bad Bears show up?
- Isi Sofele is on track to continue the legacy of 1000-yard rushers at Cal. He only needs 161 yards over the next three games.
- CalBears.com checks in on Bears in the Pros, including Lavelle Hawkins who caught his first career TD pass.
- Aaron Rodgers does great things on the field while DeSean Jackson does great things off the field.
- Faraudo has a quick look at/preview of the men's team.
- Faraudo also has a brief preview of the women's team.
- Jorge has developed into a leader while at Cal, one who commands respect from his teammates and opponents.
- Sports Illustrated looks at the brotherly love between Allen Crabbe and Richard Solomon.
- Monty signed guard Tyrone Wallace and forward Kaileb Rodriguez. Typical Monty recruits, they appear to have plenty of potential and will turn into solid players over the next four years.
- Dick Vitale praises Monty's coaching style and ability to teach young players.
- Are you a student? Do you want some free men's basketball tickets (of course you do!) ? The first 1000 students at the first three home games will receive free tickets.
- Lindsay Gottlieb has brought a tremendous amount of energy into coaching and it appears to resonate very well with her players.
- Teri McKeever brought in what could be considered the best recruiting class in the modern-day era of women's swimming. The class includes five of the top eleven recruits in the nation.