Long ago are the days when the Cal-USC matchup brought national attention and interest, as it played a big role in determining who takes the conference crown. As a result, we a shortage of predictions for tomorrow's game.
Of course, tomorrow morning the Ted Millers, Jon Wilners, and Phil Steeles of the world will issue their predictions, so check back tomorrow morning for updates.
- WhatIfSports.com ran a set of simulations of the Cal-USC game. USC won, on average, 28.3-21.7. The Trojans won 72.3% of the simulated games while the Bears only won 27.7%. The projected stats between the two teams are nearly identical, but USC's biggest advantage is in the passing game where they outgain us 263 to 227 (and no, that's not the yardage total for Robert Woods alone).
Cal fans expect a 38% chance that the Bears win, while 34% of Pac-12 fans expect the Bears to win.
- Ted Miller predicts a USC victory.
USC (minus-3) at CAL (Thursday): During USC’s seven-game winning streak, only the 2004 classic was decided by less than a touchdown. I like the over (58) much more than I like either team to cover. Pick: USC.
After the jump Stefan McClure prepares to start against Robert Woods, Spencer Ladner finally returns to practice, and Tedford gets a new bed in his new office.
- Ted Miller posts his midseason review of the Bears. So far, Keenan Allen is the offensive MVP and Mychal Kendricks is the defensive MVP.
- Here is the latest look at the press box that has been installed at Memorial Stadium.
- With Marc Anthony out with a shoulder injury, Stefan McClure will likely start at CB this week. He and Steve Williams will share the unenviable task of defending Robert Woods.
- Tedford compared McClure's debut to Syd'Quan Thompson's debut against Tennessee in 2006.
- Keenan Allen looks forward to Robert Woods' visit to AT&T.
- Zach Maynard suffered a thigh contusion at Oregon and was unable to throw off his back foot. Spencer Ladner and Trevor Guyton returned to practice after sitting out with injuries. Ladner's injury has kept him out of each game so far this season.
- BearTerritory.net looks at some of Maynard's passer efficiency ratings from his time at Buffalo compared to his tenure at Cal.
- Cal Athletics has some useful information for those attending the Cal-USC game.
- The Trojans are three-point favorites over the Bears.
- The Bears hope to avoid a third-consecutive blowout against the Trojans. Of course, they'd really like to avoid their 8th straight loss to USC.
- If the Bears are going to win on Thursday, they need to take advantage of USC's poor secondary play.
- The Cal-Utah game was not picked up for television coverage. Fox Sports Net decided it would rather show the Oregon State-Washington State game. Pillow fight!
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Cal is the second-most overrated team of the past ten years. Only Florida State continually received more votes in the preseason poll and fewer in the final poll.
Rece Davis visited the Cal campus and posted some pictures: The 45,000 square foot weight room (yes, that is slightly larger than an acre). And, of course, Tedford's bed in his office. Let it never be said that he is not committed to the job.
- Emily Kruger is Cal's Muscle Milk Student Athlete of the Week. The sophomore goalkeeper did not allow a single goal this weekend and was the first goalie to hold UCLA scoreless this season.