Weighing in at 6 feet even and 223 pounds, Nick Forbes is a fearsome force out there on the field. Many people were incredibly pleased with Cal's Defensive Recruiting effort this year and Forbes was a key part. Rivals pegged him as one of the best linebackers in the country. Playing both ways in high school, the Cal bio notes some of the impressive stats:
Earned all-state honors as a senior when he recorded 114 tackles, 15.0 tackles for loss, three interceptions and three forced fumbles, while adding 1,519 yards and 16 TDs rushing on the offensive side of the ball
Posted 96 tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss, 4.0 sacks and two interceptions on defense as a junior when he was named second-team all-state and the Area Defensive Player of the Year, while picking up 1,176 rushing yards and 15 TDs on the ground
Also had 1,052 rushing yards and 10 TDs, as well as 99 tackles, 15.0 tackles for loss and 10.0 sacks as a sophomore.
Those numbers are rather amazing. Over 100 tackles and over 1,000 rushing yards in one season alone! Nick Forbes hopefully shall be a name repeated over and over again in Memorial Stadium. He was kind enough to agree to answer some of our questions. After the jump, learn more about one of the newest Cal Bears, linebacker Nick Forbes. Many thanks to Nick Forbes for agreeing to the interview. Welcome to Cal, good luck, and GO BEARS!
2) What do you look for in a school?
3) How did the facilities at Cal affect your decision?
It was just a bonus. I like the current facilities. They have gotten the job done in the past and the weight room has a great atmosphere with the windows and views.
4) What were your feelings on the way Cal played this year?
5) Please share w/ the fans your fondest recruiting story.
6) Who do you believe is most responsible for your success?
My mom is most responsible for my success. She has modeled what it means to be successful and I strive to emulate her ethics in my passion and drive to be a great football player and a good person.
7) What are you looking forward to the most being a Golden Bear? Do you have any dreams or aspirations to accomplish during your student/athlete career at Cal?
8)Are there any other positions besides LB you'd like to play at Cal?
9) How do you think your skills will develop at the next level for the Golden Bears?