Group Standings (Top 10 of 177)
Take a look at the opening weekend's trends and some of the more notable comments on our group message board after the jump.
Of the 177 participants we have this year, six courageous, though misguided, souls chose Cal to go all the way. These were:
- yours truly, yellow fever
- Maisbikkja's Bracket
- Feats of Strength
- Taipei Golden Bears
Not surprisingly, none of us ranked in the top 20.
Meanwhile, in stark opposition to picking Cal to go all the way, a disturbing number of people picked Louisville in the first round as CBKWit pointed out in last Friday's DBD. To put it more succintly:
While I didn't feel like going through all of the 176 other brackets to see who picked against our Bears, I'm with CBKWit. Never pick against your team. Never! And this is why I don't put money down on Nets games.
Anyway, let's take a closer look at some of this weekend's results, starting with those whose brackets got busted. And what better way to do that than to take a look at the distribution of championship picks?
West Virginia 8
Ohio State 3
Robert Morris 1
Florida State 1
No Pick 12
- Yes, 61% of our brackets took Kansas to go all the way.
- All four no. 1 seeds were picked to go all the way. Which means two terrible, terrible people picked Duke. These were Neuheisal's Winners and tbardhan-1. For shame.
- Im with Coco apparently didn't realize you have to make all of your picks at once. I really hope this is the first time you've ever filled out a bracket, son.
- Who took Robert Morris? Why, that would be DC Trojan's Last Place Picks. Which is only a misnomer because 12 people didn't make any picks. And also because Willy's Wild Picks took Florida State. Wait, what?