Cal's brilliant season came to an end against Penn State. Cal Athletics recorded the post-game press conference. Rich Feller did a good job of keeping positive, but Carli Lloyd and Tarah Murrey were clearly disappointed with the outcome.
NCAA Press Conference: Cal-Penn State (via calathletics)
After the jump Shane Vereen contemplates the NFL, WR coach Daft is let go, Cal plays uglyball in a win over Cal Poly, and Colorado's athletics site puts together an ominous welcome for Coach Marshall.
- Shane Vereen is "still evaluating" his NFL decision. He expects to make a final decision in the next few weeks.
- Wide receiver coach Kevin Daft and strength and conditioning coach John Krasinski have been relieved of their duties. No word yet on possible replacements.
Colorado officially introduced a handful of new coaches, including Steve Marshall. The graphic that accompanied the story was...unusual.
- Faraudo takes us through the ugly, ugly win against Cal Poly SLO. Highlights include a 19-12 halftime score and field goal percentages of 26.3 and 15.4 in the first half.
- Monty said players' concerns about taking good shots disrupted their rhythm during the game. He says building confidence in the offense will be an ongoing process.
- Point guard play has been a work in progress, but Monty put the ball in Franklin's hands throughout much of the second half with pleasant results.