More on the Big Spike after the jump. First...
How do you stop Jahvid Best?
I knew what I was going to get on that because you did that in the press conference Monday.
CK: But no one lets me finish. They all start laughing. We need to tackle him when he gets off the bus and when he walks into the stadium. We need to get as many guys to the football as possible and we need to tackle him on every play. He is a great back. I think he's the best running back in the country. He's a talented, talented football player. We need to make sure we hit him. Wrap him up. Get more than one guy to the ball on every play. Really gang tackle him. Keep him in front of us and try and negate his big plays. For a guy his size, he's got great vision and got game-breaking speed. If he can get a seam or break a tackle, it could be a long day for you.
After the jump I have Big Spike info, an in-depth gametime weather forecast for tomorrow, JO's practice notes, articles on Oregon's recent offensive struggles and how they plan to contain Best, an article on Ludwig, and more.
- Tonight is a huge matchup for women's volleyball as they take on No. 10 Stanford in the Big Spike. It starts at 7pm. Daily Cal previews the matchup. Our very own Danzig has a great, in-depth fanpost previewing the match.
- Tomorrow should be partly cloudy and around 70 at kickoff and open up to sunny and 80 by the end of the game. Humidity will drop from about 40% to 25% (aka almost imperceptible levels). There will be a continual 8-11 mph wind blowing North (perpendicular to the length of the field).
- JO has updates from yesterday's practice. Big news: Sweeney is pushing Mansion for the second spot on the depth chart. Matt Summers-Gavin is back at practice after sitting out with the flu. Syd's back is better but he's been feeling a little ill.
- In his article called "Riley Needs to Thread the Needle in Eugune," Ray Ratto spends a lot of time talking about fashion and no time talking about passing.
- Like Cameron Jordan and Devin Bishop, Jeremy Ross embraces his role as comedian, but recognizes when it is time to be serious.
- Chip Kelly, Nick Aliotti, and the Oregon defense think they have the speed to contain Best.
- StasemanJournal looks at Masoli's struggles so far this year. OregonLive's John Canzano says Masoli's struggles are exaggerated by poor play by the receivers and O-line. Oregon's student paper Daily Emerald looks at Oregon's stagnant offense (compared to its predecessors).
- SFExaminer's Rich Walcoff says Cal has the talent to reach the Rose Bowl this year. Cal fans love Ludwig's dynamic and effective play-calling while Utah and Oregon fans are just glad he's gone.