Do you know your Pac-10 football? Test your knowledge. Ten questions, two subjects, all reference Pac-10 football, they range from ridiculously easy to rather hard.
1) What is the name or acronym of the starting running back recently suspended for going Gargamel on the smurf turf and punching out an opposing player?
2) Who is currently the first place team in the Pac-10?
3) How many teams have hired new coaches over the past two years?
4) Name one of the three Pac-10 assistant coaches named in Scout's Top 25 recruiter's.
5) Dating back to the start of the 2008 season, what is the total number of quarterbacks who have started a game for a Pac-10 Team?
History (and by History I mean 2000-present):
6) How many schools have won the Pac-10 title?
7) While coaching in the Pac-10, which coach has accumulated the most total losses?
8) Which three Pac-10 schools have the most total wins?
9) Which three Pac-10 schools have the worst winning percentage?
10) What is the only school this decade to not reach double digit wins in one season?
Answers are below
1) Lagarrette Blount (LGB)
3) Six: Arizona St (Dennis Erickson), UCLA (Rick Neuheisal), Stanford (Jim Harbaugh), Oregon (Chip Kelly), Washington (Steve Sarkisian), and Washington St (Paul Wulff)
4) Tosh Lupoi (Cal), Ken Norton (USC), Willie Taggert (Stanford) http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4452262
5) 22 --->Arizona: Scott, Tuitama......Arizona St: Carpenter, Sullivan......Cal: Longshore, Riley......Oregon: Masoli, Roper, Thomas......Oregon St: Moevao, Canfield......Stanford: Luck, Pritchard......UCLA: Craft, Prince......USC: Sanchez, Barkley......Washington: Fouch, Locker......Washington St: Lobbestael, Lopina, Rogers
6) Seven: Arizona St, Cal, Oregon (2), Oregon St. (2), USC (7), Washington, Washington St http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/champions_pacten.html
7) Tyrone Willingham with a total of 46. Mike Bellotti finished second with 35.
8) USC (94), Oregon (77), Oregon St (73)
9) Stanford (38.8%), Washington (40.4%), Arizona (43.4%)
And on with the news.