Cal football had the day off yesterday but we still have plenty of good stories today. We look at certainties, uncertainties, and motivations for Maryland in Saturday's game. We have a couple articles on Syd and Best as well as an interview with the great Aaron Rodgers. Good things are happening with Cal basketball too, as the late Coach Newell is inducted into the FIBA Hall of Fame and ESPN predicts Cal to win the Pac-10. Men's golf also lands a commitment from golf's youngest US Amateur Champion, fresh off his historic victory.
- The Terps respond to being 22 point underdogs. Maryland's SBNation site, Testudo Times, interviews CGB about the Cal-Maryland matchup. Maryland's QB situation mirrors Cal's as their starting QB is the undisputed starter after a season of looking over his shoulder. Another similarity to Cal is Maryland's uncertainty with kicking duties.
- While Cal's offense has had superstars like Alex Mack and Jahvid Best, Cal's defense quietly gets the job done. Rob Calonge has a great article with an interview with the normally quiet Syd. Syd and Best make the CBSSports All-American team.
- Best faces two serious obstacles in his Heisman quest: the big three and history.
- Former Cal great and future NFL great Aaron Rodgers talks about his own Green Bay Packers as well as Cal's upcoming season.
- Cal at Oregon and USC at Cal make the list of Ted Miller's Pac-10 games to watch this year.
- ESPN picks Cal basketball to win the Pac-10 this year. More good news for basketball: Pete Newell is inducted to the FIBA Hall of Fame.
- Men's golf mounts an impressive comeback and vaulted from 8th to 4th in Golfweek's Collegiate Conference Challenge. There is some great news for men's golf as An Byeong-hun, fresh off a victory which made him the youngest US Amateur Champion, has committed to Cal.
- With the upcoming starts of NFL and college football seasons, now is a great time to sign up for the CGB pick 'em leagues. Don't do what I did last year and wait until the 6th week before joining the fun.
- Joe Roth and Aaron Rodgers are battling for the final spot in the CGB Hall of Fame. Go vote and help out your favorite Cal figure. While you're feeling charitable help out the Cal band by bidding on a variety of items. All profits go to the band.