Football had the day off yesterday and today they begin preparing for Maryland. Today we have a story on how Andy Ludwig is influencing Cal's offense more than any coordinator Tedford has had, some Pac-10 predictions, an inside look at training camp through the sleepy eyes of Mike Tepper, updates on a promising star for women's volleyball, and big news for two former water polo stars. We also have a look at the 2009 commemorative poster which certainly stands out from posters of previous years.
RoyRules22 has generously put together an intuitive top-25 ballot for CGB to submit their rankings. I'm sure he would appreciate it if you took a couple minutes to vote in his poll (which will be closing any day now). Now, for the news:
- Jonathon Okanes examines how offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig will have more control over the offense than previous OCs.
- Prediction time! Jon Wilner picks Cal to win the Pac-10. Meanwhile, the Daily Cal picks Cal to finish second.
- Cal tackle Mike Tepper has an entertaining look at sleep deprivation during fall camp.
- Ted Miller ranks Cal running backs #1 in the Pac-10.
- Tarah Murrey looked very impressive in yesterday's scrimmage and should contribute nicely to the front row of 6th-ranked Cal women's volleyball.
- Former water polo stars John Mann and Jeff Tyrell sign with a pair of prominent European clubs.