We'll get back to dissecting my slightly inflammatory post (which wasn't intended to be interpreted that way, but it ended up like that anyway) after Christmas. For now, as we settle into our holiday break, let's discuss one last time how we feel about this season.
Let's look at it both ways in a brief snapshot. Feel free to add anything I missed in the comments.
- Taking the Axe from the best Furd team of the decade.
- Winning in the Rose Bowl for the first time in the Tedford era.
- Beating a solid Arizona squad and ruining their Rose Bowl prospects.
- Getting the chance to watch three all Pac-10 players (Best, Alualu, Syd'Quan) who are likely to be playing on Sunday.
- Great running back play from Shane Vereen in relief of the injured Jahvid.
- Solid run defense anchored by Alualu up back and Mohamed in support.
- Playing 10 on 11 in Autzen.
- Poor quarterback play sinking us against the Trojans AGAIN.
- Jahvid nearly seriously injuring himself and ending his career, thanks to atrocious O-line performance.
- Inexcusable no-show in Seattle.
- Getting lit up by inaccurate and/or inexperienced quarterbacks in Masoli, Locker, Barkley, and now Wynn.
- ALAAAAMAAAARRRRRRR!!!!! (who really deserves and is getting his own set of posts for his long history of incompetence)
We've done a lot of report cards this year, but how would you grade the 2009 Cal football season and why?