This week, Cal takes on the Beavers of Oregon State. There are 2 SBN sites from Oregon, Addicted To Quack and Building The Dam. Many people say AtQ is the better site, but many people are wrong. While AtQ gets all the hype and is so flashy (giving all of their Masolithusiasts Playstation 3s!), BtD is the much more consistent site. Year in and year out they continue to produce stable, quality work. It is not as well known work, but every now and then they really show up Conquest Chronicles and everybody starts paying attention to them again.
We thought for the OSU game, we'd do a Q+A with them. Get their thoughts on this game, Building The Dam-style. After the jump, see what their thoughts are on the game and whether or not Chip Kelly's face should remain un-punched. And here are their answers to our questions! GO BEARS!
5. Who do you want to punch in the face?
The entire Oregon football program. Chip Kelly told the NCAA and Pac10 that the Blount situation would be taken care of in house. He held a press conference stating that he would be suspended "indefinitely" but that only because they didn't want to kick him off the team and take away his scholarship. I thought that was the classiest move I've seen from a head coach. Then, as soon as the heat died down, they decide they will try and reinstate him. Oregon fans love Chip Kelly's attitude. I think he is the next Urban Meyer.
6. How've the Rodgers brothers been utilized this year that's different from last?
The WildBeav (I prefer WildQuizz) offense has been fun to watch. And Quizz threw a TD against UCLA! Other than that, its pretty much Q-ball all over again (Quizz and Quon ball),
7. Are the Beavers dead meat if one of them goes down?
Not if we play Pitt, of course. There's more depth in the receiving corps than at running back. Freshman WR Markus Wheaton is being groomed to run the fly sweep, but he's not James Rodgers yet. So if the Beavers had to take one guy, they'd take Quizz, but James is one helluva player and it's hard to even say that.
8. ESPN's Ted Miller thinks that Quizz should get invited to the Heisman ceremony. Do you agree or disagree? Do the following facts change your opinion? So far this year, Jahvid Best has a better yard per rush average than Rodgers (6.3 vs. 5.4). Jahvid Best also has a better yard per reception average than Rodgers (10.3 vs. 7.6). Jahvid Best also has a worse offensive line blocking for him. It sounds like Best might be doing more damage with less help. Does that give him a better claim to be a Heisman candidate than Rodgers?
9. Cal's pass defense so far this year has been...suspect. Can Oregon State take advantage? Will they?