Last week I tried to make a mental note to remember that yesterday was Tedford's birthday so I could dedicate the Golden Nuggets to such a holiday. Well, it looks like I forgot. Forgive me, Tedford, for I have sinned! I will banish myself to the CBKWit Memorial Dungeon until I have been absolved.
Onward to newsworthy matters: at this week's Cal-Oregon St game, Civil and Environmental Engineering's national championship-winning Concrete Canoe Team will be honored.
CEE’s Concrete Canoe, Bear Area, and its win at the 2009 ASCE National Concrete Canoe Competition, will be honored during the Cal vs. Oregon State University football game on Saturday, November 7, at Memorial Stadium, Berkeley.
All loyal Canoe supporters are invited to a tailgate party at 2 p.m. on the O'Brien Hall breezeway on the Berkeley campus. (Kickoff is at 4:00 p.m.)
Join the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in celebrating Bear Area, and our long history of Canoe enthusiasts. (See below for the list of all Canoe Teams since 1988 when the national competition began). Without this tradition of the passing of wisdom from one class to the next, from one generation to the next, CEE would not be the national contender in Canoe that it is.
Supporters who would like to purchase tailgate tickets ($10.00 each) can do so at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/84578 .
(The tailgate ticket does not include entry to the game or a parking permit.)
Those who wish to purchase discount tickets for the Cal vs.OSU game may do so by contacting Dan Gee at email@example.com. He will provide supporters with the site and promo code.
After the jump we have Cal-Arizona television info, articles on the Beavs, Daily Cal's hatred unknown to mankind for the wildcat pass, a preview of men's bball, a successful debut for women's bball, and info on a livechat with Mike Montgomery!
- Cal-Arizona television coverage will be decided Sunday. It will either be on Versus at 4pm or ESPN at 7:20pm. If it's raining Nov 14th, that would be one miserable 7:20pm game...
- Daily Cal's Joseph Cannon calls the wildcat pass "one of the worst play calls in the Tedford era, if not the worst." He goes on to criticize Tucker and Ross for drops earlier in the game that prevented Cal from opening up a larger lead.
- Saturday's matchup is critical for the Bears and the Beavs. Whoever wins can look forward to a third-place finish or even a tie for second at the end of the season. Oregon live has some Cal-OSU game notes (I do not recommend that children, pregnant women, people with sensitive stomachs, or those with a history of heart conditions read it, as the Cal-OSU game of 2007 is prominently featured).
- ESPN has its Blue Ribbon Preview of Cal. They earn an A+ for backcourt, C+ for bench/depth, B for frontcourt, and A- for intangibles.
- Jeff Farudo is hosting a livechat with Monty Friday at 2pm. If Monty is as funny online as he is in person, this will be a great livechat. Give him your most bizarre and silly questions and I bet he'll answer them with flair.
- The no. 18 Cal women won 101-81 in tonight's exhibition game against Vanguard. Stat of the night: Cal outrebounded the Lions 57-19.