BEST. LEAP. EVER.
After the jump we have quotes/reactions to the game from players, coaches, and various media figures. Tomorrow I'll have highlights from the rest of the weekend in Cal sports.
On the team's mentality following today's game
"I have confidence in these guys. I don't know what is going to happen against UCLA. All I know is that I have a lot of confidence that we will prepare and we'll have good attitudes. There is a lot of football left to be played. There is no way in the world that we are folding our tent. I don't believe that about this team. We'll have a great bye week, we'll get healthy and we'll bounce back.
On Cal's opening drive turnover
"I don't think any air came out of the balloon. I don't think the guys ever quit or gave up. It was never a lack of effort."
On whether USC was that much better than Cal
"They are that much better than us if we don't execute, and we don't throw and catch the football and protect the pass and those types of things. You have to make plays. You can't turn the football over against them. If they don't turn the football over, they're a tough team to beat."
On not letting the season slip away like in 2007
"There's always that concern, but we don't have the same guys from the '07 team. The '07 team had a lot of different guys with different mentalities. This team has a lot of guys with better personalities and guys that won't let this drag them down."
- After the game Tedford said "Kevin is our starter."
- ESPN's bowl projections are revised. Schlabach predicts we'll play BYU at the Poinsettia Bowl and Feldman anticipates a Cal-Clemson Emerald Bowl.
- Ted Miller found three positive aspects from Saturday's game. After the press conference, he says all Cal can do is work hard and try to get better.
- Monte Poole describes the past two games and as another heartbreak to ruin a promising year for Cal fans. Ray Ratto talks doom and gloom.
- After a rough start, Gregory is proud of the way his defense played.