I usually do a Golden Recruits post every few weeks to try and cover what's going on with Cal's incoming class of 2010, as well as the other players who have the Golden Bears on their radar. Eventually, I hope to have a sticky page on the sidebar with all the news and details on Cal recruits and prospects that people can check out, maybe even multiple ones on football, basketball, and the nonrevenue sports...but given how busy things are right now, I probably won't get to it until December.
However, it takes way longer to get these posts done because it's just harder to track what's going on with high school athletes. With Bears in the Pros it's pretty easy--the NFL is the best covered sport, and people end up talking about everyone from the star QB to the long-snapper. Not so with high school--you have to scrounge to find info. Plus when recruiting stuff goes into the DBD, I usually lose it in between everything else.
So consider this a DBD for recruiting discussion, links, and updates, primarily for football and hoops but even non-revenue is cool. I'll bump this thread up until the end of the month before starting a new one for November. It'll make things way easier for me to write those posts, plus you can view all the recruiting news in one place before I gather it for a post.
Here are the sort of things I'm really looking for. If you can find any news on how our recruits are doing under the Friday night lights, I'll give you props and appropriate credit. Maybe cookie crumbs.
1) Box scores and high school stats/results of any Cal recruits--usually a Google News search of athlete names does wonders, especially for quarterbacks and skill players like Austin Hinder or Davon Dunn. If that doesn't work, try searching by their high school and see how their football team is doing. The free forums on BI and Scout also have good stuff.
2) I never know who exactly the Golden Bears are targeting; any ideas on what's going on there would be great. Of course it'd just be what amounts to a rumor mill, but hey, rumors are fun with something as silly as high school recruiting, as long as we're not slandering anyone.
3) Videos, on youtube or whereever. Love some highlight reels.
4) DO NOT PASTE PAID ARTICLES. We're not small-time anymore, the recruiting boards know who we are and we'll have to delete your comment. If you want to use innuendo of what you might know, that could be okay, but don't put explicit info that violates your contracts with Rivals/BI/Scout. Anything behind the wall, do not quote or paraphrase.
5) Any general Pac-10 recruiting discussion (of recruits traveling around, like Marsh, King and OO), is cool too. It'd be nice to see how the rest of the conference is stacking up at the same time.
Discuss the future of Cal sports!