The following are 5 items of college football speculation, none of which involve our Cal Bears, as I don't want fans to overlook next weeks game against Washington State.
Item 1: Assuming all teams involved win next week, where does College Gameday go? USC @ Oregon or Texas @ Oklahoma St.
Item 2: Who wins the other conference titles (my picks in bold)?
* ACC * Miami, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, someone else
* Big-10 * Iowa, Ohio St, Penn St, someone else
* Big-12 * Texas, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, someone from the North (in the words of Splinter: I just made a funny.)
* Big East * Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, South Florida
* SEC * Alabama, Florida, someone else.... wait, the officials won't allow this.
Item 3: Which conference receives two BCS bowl berths? My guess is the SEC with both Alabama and Florida, the Big-10 (of which, both participants subsequently get blown out), and the Pac-10 as long as Oregon St doesn't pull another upset vrs Oregon or USC.
Item 4: Which current Top-10 BCS team is most likely to collapse and lose at least 3 games? Iowa, LSU, Miami, TCU, Texas, someone else?
Item 5: Which Non-BCS conference team is going to receive a BCS bowl berth? Boise St, TCU, BYU, Utah, Houston?
Quick Side Question: For Non-BCS conference teams, is there a rule stipulating the highest ranked non-big six team within the BCS top 12 gets a bid, or simply a non-big six team within the BCS top 12 gets a bid? Specifically, if Boise St ends the season at 7, and BYU ends at 12, would the BCS bowl be allowed to choose BYU over Boise St?