Here are my thoughts on Cal's keys to todays game
1) The O-Line- It needs to protect Riley by stopping UCLA DE Byran Price and open holes for Best. Getting holes for Best will be critical as the Bruin Run D is bad. However, Riley is going to need time to beat the 8 men in the box to stop Best.
2) Riley-obviously, he needs to show some significant strides today, in order to warrant him as our QB for next season. The WRs also need to cut down on their dropped passes and run better routes. They have a tough test with the Pac-10 top Pass D today
3) Special Teams-we have to do a better job with kickoffs and returns today. UCLA special teams isn't that great with coverage on kickoff returns, so maybe Vareen and Thompson can get loose for some big runs today.
4) Mental Toughness- If this team gets in a hole early, they have to learn how to react better and not start giving up.
5) Jahvid Best-I am predicting that he has a huge game today as the Bruins Run D is weak. If Best gets going, I think it will be an easier day for Riley.
Go Bears! I will be watching from rainy and 40 degree Philly today....