The Hombre wrote a great post here, which I think can be a good place for dumping of links. There will be probably many, many many post-game wrap links and other items of interest from around these here intertubes. So, to help keep the FanPost section clean for items of longer analysis, like Danzig's post, we can use this for a weekend DBD. I'll even start off:
Okanes article on Sean Young.
"I told him during pregame at stretch that this is what he's been waiting for for six years," Cal coach Jeff Tedford said. "He had a great camp. It's nice to see him contribute to the team."
A series of injuries led to Young amassing just three career catches coming into the season. Young was the Bears' most consistent receiver during training camp and simply continued that production Saturday night.
Enjoy the post-game analysis done by The Hombre and others. I, for one, am surprised at how well The Hombre did with 10 beers in him. But if you have some other links, we can put them in here, too. Dump away! GO BEARS!
1. Riley was amazing. He does things that you can't teach. He's special and there really is no way to quantify that.
2. Vereen and Best are both special. We've been blessed.
3. Normally the offense comes along slower than the defense so that might be initially discouraging. Still, I like the 3-4, Syd reminds me of Delta O'Neill. I think the defense will come along and will be great. Our linebackers are a wrecking crew.
4. Our receivers are green but receivers can develop faster than any other position on the field. I think we'll be fine.
5. I feel bad for Nate. When he got in the game he showed that he has the better arm. The problem was that it seemed like he felt he had to prove too much and made mistakes. Nate got his chance and it didn't work out. For a moment he showed prominence, and for that I give credit to everyone who defended Longshore. When he's at the top his game from a raw talent standpoint he's better than just about anyone in the country.
6. Cal is under the radar. We play our best from that position. We need to take one week at a time and I think it might be a good thing if we aren't ranked next week.
7. I've had ten beers. Please excuse any errors. Wish I could be in Berkeley tonight! Go Bears!
The opinions expressed in a FanPost are, in every way, reflective of the opinions of every California Golden Blogs Marshawnthusiast. Moreover, they are reflective of every employee of SBNation, including Tyler "Blez" Bleszinski.