OK, I've got this CGB tailgate thing nailed down to two options:
Option #1: We meet up at the CAA tailgate.
- Everything's taken care of; food, drink, tables, plates, everything.
- Appearances by the Cal Band, the Dance Team, Oski, and Sandy Barbour.
- Depending on how many attend, we can have several tables set up together and marked off for us, maybe with a giant banner and stuff. A nice, visible gathering place for everyone.
- Rain or shine, we'll have a good time: the CAA tailgate is indoors!
- Basically, cost. Even with discounts for students, young alums, families, and those who promise not to eat anything (drinks only), it's still more than a nominal fee to attend.
- Attendance, mostly related to cost. Those who want to casually stop by but don't want to pay for the CAA tailgate can't just pop in and hang out for a 20 minutes or whatever.
Option #2: Pot Luck tailgate in the parking lot
- Cheap. Although I'd like everyone to contribute something, most contributions will be far cheaper than a ticket to the CAA tailgate.
- Casual. Anyone can stop by for 5 minutes or 5 hours.
- Parking is $20 per spot, as opposed to much less than that on public transit.
- Those who've already committed to the CAA tailgate may not want to (or be able to) join us. CBKWit, in particular, is already committed to working the that tailgate.
- As an outdoors tailgate, we may get rained on. The forecast for Saturday is currently a few showers, 30% chance of precipitation, temperature between 52° and 42° F. I can work on maybe trying to find a tent, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if we're all a lot more comfortable indoors.
So, if you're planning on attending, or think you might attend, vote in the poll below. If you don't care, let me know that, too. If you've got some other thoughts on the matter that might sway us in one direction or the other, feel free to share. I want to make a decision on this by tomorrow, but I wanted to get as much input from all y'all before I do. Thanks.