Line seems about right considering both teams are on two game skids going into this game. It's just a matter of whether you guys think strategically about both teams. Hell, there isn't much different if you look at both teams closely.
- The 'Furd has two quality wins over 'Zona and Oregon State, but both of those games were at home. Cal has two quality wins over Michigan State and Oregon, but both of those games were at home.
- The 'Furd is 1-5 on the road, with that one win coming against a terrible Washington team. The Bears are 1-4 on the road, with that one win coming against a terrible Washington State team. Luckily, the Big Game is at home this year.
- Both feature quarterbacks who love to airmail the ball like Pritchard and Riley. Both get sacked a lot too.
- The 'Furd defense isn't great, but they are decent enough at stopping the run that Riley will need to have some big throws to beat them.
- Cal's defense is good at stopping the run, and thankfully the Trees power run game will be easier for a physical D like the Bears to deal with than that crazy midget and the USC/Oregon mad brigade.
- Of course, the 'Furd are playing for something extra: their first bowl berth in forever. The Bears are jockeying for Emerald Nuts or El Paso. You take a gander as to who will be more motivated coming in.
So which stand are you taking? Rolling with the Bears in a blowout or laying the points?
EDIT: The line has dropped to 9 (about where I expected it to be before the game), but let's argue based on the original line.